The Phoenix Engineering team is composed of a richly experienced group of engineers bringing an average of 20 years experience in a number of related ATE, Software Development, Hardware Design, Avionics, Electro Optics, and engineering support disciplines.
Our engineers have been involved in all aspects of "state-of-the-art" Head-Up Display (HUD) design, system development and test for over fifteen years. During this work, a number of special-to-type testers were designed and commissioned. The Head-Up-Display (HUD) variants have included complex military hardware as well as commercial systems. This activity has included modifying systems for use on different aircraft platforms.
Our staff also participated in the design, implementation and operation of a test system for the Boeing 777 In-Flight Entertainment System Test Set for which we developed MS-DOS/Windows based RS232/RS485 protocol drivers.
The following list describes some of the capabilities of our staff:
- Electro Optical System design and test – Head Up and Head Down Displays, NdYag Lasers, Night Vision Equipment, Stabilized platform systems, FLIR, NVG’s and Low light level cameras.
- Extensive sustaining and obsolescence engineering experience; operating system support; multiple platform software design and support; network design, administration and support.
- Test program design and development – ATLAS, C, C++, Lab Windows/CVI, Professional ATLAS Workstation (PAWS) and Developer’s Studio, PAWS Certified Professional Engineer.
- Avionics systems integration and test – Torpedo trials, HUD weapon flight trials.
- Test system design and sustaining engineering – VXI, Hybrid Test Station (HTS), Orion, SCADC-MATE, VAST, IRIS 7000, IRIS 2000, and Compact Alpha.
- Developed instrument drivers and operating system utilities. Developed ATLAS interface to VXI Plug & Play Instrument drivers.
- Developed HP-UX based software including 1553 ATLAS test program, 1553 ATLAS instrument driver, UNIX shell scripts, UNIX console applications and X-Windows applications.
- HUD and virtual display design, support of Inertial Navigation Systems, Standard Central Air Data Systems, Digital, Analog, Radio Frequency (RF), Microwave, and Synchro/Servo.
- Computers, Primary Flight Computers, Guidance systems, Avionics buses and Sensor systems, for a number of airframes including the F-16 (Falcon), F-5 (Tiger II), Jaguar, Tornado, A330 Airbus, AC-130 (Gunship), Eurofighter (Typhoon).
- LRU commissioning, Test Design, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Testability Analysis.